At their February 11, 2020 meeting the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation approved changes to hunting and fishing regulations. The changes will be sent to the Oklahoma State Legislature for approval. The regulation changes will also require approval by the Governor. The proposed 2020 rule changes include the following changes for sport fishing in the Lower Mountain Fork River Trout Area:
- Increase rainbow trout minimum length from twenty (20) inches to twenty-five (25) inches or greater from State Park Dam to U.S. Highway 70.
- Increase brown trout minimum length from twenty (20) inches to thirty (30) inches.
- Reduce rainbow trout bag limit from Broken Bow Dam to State Park Dam from six (6) to three (3) daily of which only one (1) may be greater than twenty-five (25) inches in total length.
- Reduce rainbow trout bag limit from State Park Dam to U.S. Highway 70 to one (1) rainbow twenty-five (25) inches or greater.
- Reduce the brown trout bag limit to one (1) fish of thirty (30) inches or more.
- Expand trout area to include a portion from Rough Branch Creek to the re-regulation dam.
- Eliminate bait restrictions
- Requires use of barbless hooks
The meetings agenda can be found at https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/sites/default/files/Commission%202-11-20%20Agenda.pdf